The excitement of getting into varsity and seeing your future materialise before your eyes, is usually for most South African’s, followed by the anxiety of wondering how you’ll be able to afford registration, let alone the year ahead. Partnerships are especially essential when it comes to finances-after all, choosing the right bank and banking solution can make all the difference in being able to reach your goals and being ‘good to go’ whenever the need arises. Hence Standard Bank will be giving 9 lucky students a chance to get their year’s tuition paid up!
Student Achiever account
“For Standard Bank, the Student Achiever account has helped thousands of students realise their dreams and is the account that is designed to serve the needs of ambitious students,” says Lindy-Lou Alexander, Head of Marketing: Personal and Business Banking at Standard Bank.
With the 2019 academic year getting into gear, the account is the ultimate enabler for students and comes with the exciting add-on that could see a student being able to attend varsity or college without having to pay fees for an entire year! Can I get a whoop whoop!
“So, to help make life even more enjoyable Standard Bank will be offering any student (aged 18 and up) who signs up for a Student Achiever account before 30 April this year, the opportunity to automatically enter a national competition draw that could see his or her fees for the entire year being paid by the bank”.
How it will work:
Standard Bank will be randomly drawing the names of nine winners and making cash payments on their behalves directly to the universities concerned to help cover annual study fees, regardless of whether the account is opened on campus or at a Standard Bank branch.
For students, this means for as little as R9.99 per month they will be able to:
- Be issued with a personal Standard Bank card;
- Get free access to the Varsity Vibes app;
- Take advantage of data and airtime rewards offered on the card.
- Gain free access to Internet banking services;
- Use the card for all transactions at points on campus and retail outlets off campus;
- Complete transactions with card swipes that do not attract fees;
- Make free cash withdrawals at the check-out counters at retail stores;
- Make up to eight free electronic debit transactions IS PER WEEK OR MONTH.
For more information on the Student Achiever account, visit https://bit.ly/2rnkIhJ